Hello Heroes and Villains!
A new update is now available for all early-access game players! This update brings an array of changes and improvements to the game, as well as overall polishing on the technical and performance side of the game. Keep reading to learn about the new changes in DC Heroes & Villains.
We recently published a new Community Update, which features an updated Roadmap, and the new features we’ve been working on as we prepare for the worldwide release in 2023.
NEW HOME SCREEN: Introducing the new base of operations for your Heroes & Villains. You’ll see your characters hanging out, and have quick access to features while the Location Maps enjoy a less cluttered UI.
MAJOR MAP VISUAL IMPROVEMENT: The holographic style is way more detailed, the effects are more engaging, and you can even zoom into each Sector to see the individual missions.
NARRATIVE: The new narrative in Gotham and Metropolis is now available!
CHARACTER BALANCING: Every character in the game is getting an overhaul so the Roles are clarified, Groups have stronger identities, and metagame balance is considered.
UI UPDATES: The character Management screen, buttons, pop-ups, backgrounds, and most other areas have been improved.
EPIC BOSS FIGHTS: As you go through the campaign, you’ll run into several more epic boss fights, similar to the Darkseid and Enchantress battles in the tutorial that everyone seemed to enjoy.
NEW MUSIC: You can now hear new music in the Home screen, menus, and Metropolis!
BATTLE IMPROVEMENTS: Our dedicated battle team continues to make our battles shine! Enemies now have hit reaction animations, we’ve improved the Target Tile (2×2 Match), Power Moves can be triggered simultaneously, battle communication in more clear, and the overall pacing is better.
AND MORE: Tons of bug fixes and performance improvements.
We’ve temporarily removed Challenges, Events, Assault Mode, Guild Raid Battles, Choice Missions, and Battle Pass. They will be reintroduced in the coming months!
New for Battle:
- We can now use multiple power moves at the same time for faster gameplay
- Many improvements to the flow of the battle
- Improvements to the Taunt and Stealth mechanic
- Many improvements to the UI and FX in the battle
New for Character Management:
- Better UI for Character Management View
- Improved Passive and Power Move Menus
- Improved Gear Crafting flow and Gear Crafting Tree
- Improved Train Menu
- Quest UI revamp (quest completion rewards now have tiers), Milestone events will now show up in the quest view
- Challenge events are now separated in their own screen
- Character events are changed to just “Events” and got a similar treatment to challenge events – Minor UI changes (player xp bar, battle objectives/win-lose conditions)
- HOME SCREEN: We teased it last time, but now you can check out the new Home Screen! This is your new base of operations for your Heroes & Villains. You’ll see your characters hanging out, have quick access to features, and then enjoy uncluttered Location Maps that focus solely on the Campaign and Event Missions.
- LOCATION MAPS: We also gave a glimpse of the new Locations Maps in the previous update, but now you can experience it for yourself. The holographic style is way more detailed, the effects are more engaging, and you can even zoom into each Sector to see the individual missions. With this change, you’re able to interact more directly with the map, and we feel like we’re delivering the quality that cities like Gotham deserve.
With this new view, we’ve also added Side Missions and Star Rewards for each Sector of a Location.
- SIDE MISSIONS: Faction-specific Missions that challenge you to assemble your best teams of Heroes and Villains.
- STAR REWARDS: Earn stars on every mission to collect more of those sweet Gems!
- EPIC BOSS FIGHTS: As you go through the campaign, you’ll run into several more epic boss fights, similar to the Darkseid and Enchantress battles in the tutorial that everyone seemed to enjoy. We won’t spoil them for you, but we’re definitely looking forward to your feedback!
Multiple passes have been made to balance the economy of the game
- Specifically focused on the distribution of energy, metatopes, gear items, elements and credits!
- Our goal is to ensure that players have a fair and rewarding experience throughout the game
Moved to a new single metatope system
- Speeds up and improves the character level curve
- Allows players to level up faster and more efficiently!
CAMPAIGN & NARRATIVE:
Defined a new and exciting campaign!
- Players can experience the entire Gotham and Metropolis campaign in this release!
- Added more Epic Fights for players to explore the campaign and face powerful heroes and villains in legendary battles
- Side missions are now integrated into the game for Gotham and Metropolis
Every character in the game is getting an overhaul!
Our goal is to clarify the roles of each character, give groups stronger identities, and consider metagame balance. This release is our first pass at these changes, and we’re not 100% there yet.
- Group Bonuses are still generic and many Power Move and Passive upgrades are simple
- New foundation is there for players to try out new characters and give feedback
Tech team worked very hard in providing the best experience possible!
- Improved bootstrap load time for smoother game launch experience
- Improved game FPS for high and medium-tier devices
- Reduced overall number of errors and solved bugs to improve game stability
- Working on server call rate limit to allow players to do even more actions while playing
- Automating testing to support QA team and ensure best gaming experience
Feedback will be invaluable in ironing out these features before the worldwide launch! We encourage all of our Soft Launch players to give us all feedback on this update through our Discord channel.